Saturday, July 21, 2007

Inside Fed's look at the Mike Vick case


Why Micheal Vick is in bigger trouble than you think


I work quite a bit with the US Attorney's Office and we send scores of cases to them for a variety of problems.I can tell you that the US Attorney's Office, who will prosecute this case, is very short on staffing and funding, especially this year, and as a result, they are more "cautious" than usual with the cases they will and will not presecute.

What speaks HUGE volumes to me is that the US Attorney's office knows that Vick has cash and will hire a top flight legal defense team, which means that the US Attorney's office has to put whay littel resources they have into prosecution.

Moreover, the US Attorney's Office rarely likes a tough fight if the case is not really really good, especially against a celebrity for fear of losing and going against 1st clss defense attorneys that few can afford. Trust me, there will be no Public defenders office on this one.

Moreover, they indicted this case is only two to three months after investigation -- which is LIGHTNING fast for them. I mean REALLY fast. Unreal fast. Shocking fast. For a case with this type of high profile risk if they lose, this is ungodly fast.

I have NO personal or inside knowledge, but I will tell you that the FEDS must have a REALLY REALLY good case that they KNOW, not they think, but they KNOW they will win.

Michael Vick should be very afraid of these facts. I am shocked they named him, as they could have done the 3 cousins or whoever the other three idiots are with no worries.I mean, the US Attorneys cold have added Vick later or stalled it out but they took this one and squeezed.

Many of you who do not work in this system cannot appreciate the underlying meaning of what is going on. I have been a Fed 10 years, and I dont remember ever seeing a case we built up for proseuction, especially a high profile one, move like this.

I am not sure Johnny Cochran could help him on this.

No comments: