Sunday, May 4, 2008

I hope the Russians love thier children too....



One of the things I enjoy...History. My wife calls me a nerd that watches the 'Hitler Channel' ( History Channel ) and I am always buried in some history book...

Recently, our 'good friends' @ HuffPo released some images of Hiroshima ( nice timing, huh?) that were recenltly uncovered. I like to read the 'comments' sections of these blogs, as it tells you alot about the people who go there.

from Gemma08: "How can the United States still claim moral superiority to Hitler after this?"

from LAshores: "Bottom line. No explanation is sufficient for that attrocity. You don't do that to human beings.
This wasn't some cute science experiment. These were people with lives that were born at the wrong place and at the wrong time. And they paid the ultimate price by simply waking up that morning. Some were at school, some were at work, some at home, some shopping, and in a blink of an eye they were disintegrated. (The lucky ones at least) Some died a horrible and unimaginable death."



Sigh.

My father recently passed, and I have the honor of going through all his crap. (Among his WW2 stuff, I even found a yellowed page newsletter from my Grandfather's Service in France in WW1!)...I recall having this discussion with him.

My Father shot straight. He told me that it was his opinion that we nuked Japan not so much as to put down the Japanese, but to show the Soviets that we had strength and the balls to do such a thing. He was a member of the Mighty 8th, so he knew a little about bombing.

I wish I could talk to Truman and find out what really happened.

But to hear the leftists whine about dropping the bomb is almost too much. And the
picture is a good way to tell people what could happen here if were not careful. As much as I like my Mexican friends, we need the border secured TODAY, so some terrorist does not sneak a suitcase nuke into our territory.

What a terrible decision Truman had to make. That is what gets me everytime I see a 'War is not the answer' bumper sticker. Do you think Truman would have agreed?

No comments: