Saturday, September 6, 2008

Where is the cat?


A few weeks ago we bought the 83 year old stepmom a cat from the Humane Society.

We figured, after Dad passed in April, the old lady would like the company. We were wrong.

This cat is psycho. Or should I say, was.

Maybe all cats are they way, I'm not sure.

She expressed a desire for the cat to go. He was aggressive and loud. Hissed and batted at her a couple times...

My wife wanted for us, the couple with the Toddler and the 11 year old beagle to 'take it in'.

I was okay with the cat, until it violently hissed at me as I was staggering in the door Wednesday night. Needless to say, I quickly introduced said 'cat' to the pleasures of my sneaker and a visit to the porch....

Now the damn thing has been missing for 3 days. Even though it has a 'chip' in it, and is wearing a tag with the Fulton Co HS on it, it has deemed our family unworthy of it's affection.

I am in a bind. If crazy cat comes back, my wife will be happy, and the dog and I will be a little sad. If he stays gone, were a normal family without a worthless team member..

Cats suck. Dogs rule. They are loyal, and can handle being punished.

Let's just hope he's not a speed bump or on the menu on Buford Highway.

No comments: