Monday, December 8, 2008

Old friends.

So many old friends.

One of my friends spent 18 months in a Venzuelan prison for trying to smuggle heroin back into the USA...I sent him bribe $$$ while he was down there. He's back now, living with his mom, driving her BMW, and thinking he's going to be the next bestseller recounting his prison stories in print. It's like he never changed at all. NO 'life altering' experience. Same old friend.

I have another old friend, who is the 'goofus' version of identical twins..His brother is married, works numerous jobs and has travelled the world. My friend called last night asking for $$$ and if he could come live with me for awhile...

If I was 30 or 20, I would have told him 'come on down!'. But, I'm 40 with a wife and a three year old. I have my hands full. Yet, I know his identical twin brother and his parents will not help him. And if they do, they will be mad at me because I didn't. Because, in thier eyes 'I'm rich'.

NOw these guys will think to themselves, 'If the situation was reversed, I would help out'. But they dont have wives and kids. They dont know how tough it is.

And to think the ball and chain wants another one. I'm sitting on the microwave!

No comments: