Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Memorable Weekend indeed!

I love my Flip Video. This little gem, like my old Sony Minidisc recorder, is worth every penny.

Take for instance, going to the Jazz fest in Grant park this weekend.

ACORN has been in the news lately, and lo and behold, there was an ACORN tent set up with a handwritten sign that said, I kid you not, 'Georgia Felons CAN vote, ask me how'!

A insurance company was giving away HulaHoops as a promotion, and one of the 'ladies' from Acorn decided to 'have a go'.











But P Bear loved dancin:



He also LOVES the Braves:



Then there was a last minute saturday gig at the Midtown Diner. 3 people showed up, including a very drunk Alabama woman, so I played a whole lot of BTO and Hank. Here's Mico getting 'paid':


The Midtown Diner is a surreal place. It's 24 hour food, with Houka's. I'm not quite sure that it's 'legal' to use these inside, as Fulton Co has some sort of 'smoking' ban in restaurants. The owner said 'apple tobacco' doesn't count:




On to 'open mic' night...There are always a bunch of these types:



But every now and then you get to see your local politician in there getting hammered:



Tippy ( or as I like to call him, Obama cat:half black half white and nobody knows where he came from )is a prodigious hunter. He regularly brings us half alive prey. Yesterday he even bagged a rabbit. Here's one of his smaller conquests, which he enjoys draggin in the house half alive:



Well, it's all over now. I'm 42 and Paul is back in school.



3.99 a six pack for 6+ alcohol content beer. Thanks, Trader Joe for the cheap beer, and thanks China for the cheap guitar.

No comments: