Monday, June 25, 2007

a good Falcon and a good man



















I know I have been throwing Mike Vick under the bus alot lately...


So, allow me at ac-cen-tu-ate the positive by praising my favorite Falcon, Alge Crumpler!


Game after game, I never have to worry about Algernon giving 100%...He always does. He does not 'lay down' and let his team down on purpose..


Plus, he's a married guy with kids. His parents did a good job of raising him, and it shows. Like this pic, where Alge comes and sits right with the fans to support the Arena team that Arthur Blank bought...He's not in the press box~ he's in the stands with the fans.. And he's approachable~ and you can actually talk to him, and understand him when he talks back.


Besides his 'Falcons for fitness' kids programs, guess what? Alge travelled to the middle east to meet with soldiers. Now, this isn't like when rock stars, hollywood types, and politicians go: Alge went to the FOB's~ the forward operating bases where these other types usually avoid. He's been outside the green zone in Iraq and Afghanistan. For free.


You know how much of a pain in the butt it must be to do this? Long flights into Kuwait? Riding in the fold down seat of a C-130 troop transport into a war zone and doing 'combat landings', where they dive and accelerate quickly to avoid getting shot!


All to say 'thanks' to those that serve. This guy is gold. Mike Vick could learn alot from Alge Crumpler.


Since I posted Alge's pic, I figured I ought to post Schaub's, too....Good luck Schaubby!

No comments: