Monday, June 16, 2008

Your Tax dollars at work





Father's day arrives, and that means I gotta spend the whole day with the baby...So we load up the family truckster and take the dog and child to the playground in Brownwood Park, just outside East Atlanta off Moreland.

I have to give credit where credit is due: The Dekalb County Parks are better then Fulton Co, even though they are separted by little more then a mile...They are better maintained, and the structures are sturdy and safe.

But while walking the dog and waiting for him to do his business, some wierd structure catches my eye.... Upon closer inspection, it is a funded 'art exhibit'.

Now don't get me wrong, but if you need a sign to 'splain the 'art' involved: it's either bad art, or not art.

As I was taking pics with my cellphone, a parks maintenance man was passing by. He chuckled and told me that the 'artist'was a muslim, and was pissed that the local 'girls' were using his mirrored platform, multiple poles and lights as a makeshift 'strip club'! The artists complained to the county, but they already paid 17,000$ to 'exhibit' this 'art' for the summer. So, they just cut the power supply to the lights,but the shananigans remained. I suppose if you go by there on a Saturday evening, you can see for yourself. Attempts to have them chased off by the fuzz only works temporarily. They return unabated.

Some of the neighbors that border the park are starting to complain, and there is talk of shutting the park down at sunset...

Nice.

No comments: