Monday, November 3, 2008

if it quacks like a Douche....

...have you ever had a friend that glommed onto a particular craze, and became a zealot for the cause, and years later you find the same friend and they are completely different?

I have an old friend that was a 'Dead Head' who is now a hedge fund mangager. We took acid together numerous times, now he looks like the consumate GOP guy. Suit and all.

He will not tell me what happened to change his life view, because I used to make fun of him and the Grateful Dead. I went along for the free drugs and sex with hairy chicks, but I always told him "I think thier music plain stinks. Kinda like the guy in the hemp sweat pants next to me that hasn't bathed in a week". I can respect the genre, and this band was a part of American history, but when I hear thier off tune singing, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Because of this, my old friend will not explain his journey to self awareness. I know he believes in the free market capitalist system. I also know he used to think very differently about 'suits'. Now, he is one.

I bring this up because some people who I have been in touch with seem to really like Bob Barr, who is the libertarian candidate for POTUS.

Mr Barr is alot like my friend. He used to be very different. And if you ask him, he will tell you that 9-11 was the event that changed him from GOP attack dog to 'new found' Libertarian.

But, I just do not buy it. Folks, this guy is a phony with a capital P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barr

Please do not vote for this creep. He does not buy into the LP platforms.

No comments: