Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Old Video's from Thailand.




Back in 2002, I bought the Kodak MC3, a hyrbid mp3/video player. I used the crap out of it, and it stil works, but the quality is crap. I found a bunch of these crappy vids while perusing a box I found in the attic.

Liz and I went to Thailand and it was truly life changing. I've been to every continent save Australia, but this trip was amazing. We of course, saw Bangkok since that was the connecting hub.

From there we went north to the border, in the dreaded 'golden triangle'

We met talented tortured monkeys:



and rode elephants in the jungle, surrounded by armed guards:



it is scary as hell when they get mad. You can hear them growl, but feeling it while perched atop in a basket in frightening:



Then, on to Koh Samui, where my buddy Steve owned a neat little resort. Bungalows right on the beach and awesome Thai food and beer. I played a benefit for a Brit that crashed his scooter and had to be flown out to the mainland. They dont get you out of the local hospital until you settle up. I'm pleased to state I raised alot of funds for this guy, even though I never met him. It was neat having a gig on such a small island. People recognized me from the poster that was up all over the north part of the island, and impressed Liz a little:-)







I can safely say Thailand touched me. It remains my most favorite travel destination. But, I'm afraid with the little one, those 22 hour flight's are over. Plus, I dont think it's cheap anymore...

Oh well. I got there when I could, and dream of a return alot....

No comments: