Thursday, July 3, 2008

The nanny




What a great concept. An all inclusive that comes with your own nanny so you can hit the beach and the bar. Jamaica is a wonderous paradox. On one hand, it's beautiful and the people are laid back. Then there are areas that make India look 'rich' and even dudes from Detriot and Baltimore get nerous there.

You cannot go to Jamaica and not sample the wares. The Rum, the coffee and more herbal refreshments. The taxi driver on our last night says ' 5 dollars I can hook you up'. So imagine my surprise and delight when he hands me a 'phat sack', much much more then I would be able to use. And I'm not stupid enough to bring it home so as I'm at the bar around midnight, I wonder, what should I do with this?

I decide to let fate handle it. I make a quick detour to the room and get some paper and pen. I then hide the stuff in the stairwell to an adjoining building above the fire extinguisher.

Then, I write a couple short notes describing what it is and where it was, and left these little papers in the restroom , under a bar napkin, etc....About then I see a white guy with the paper in hand heading towards the stairwell. Mission accomplished.

But, then I realized other people may find the note and get tricked into searching for it. But by then, I was 3 sheets. So, if you found the stuff and had a great time: good for you. If you looked for it only to find it gone I apologise.

On another post I will explain the pandemonium of our cancelled flight, and the breakdown of civilized society at Sangster Airport.

1 comment:

bubba bark said...

mr lee,

it is official (again) not only are you a dick, but you a first class dick

i am jealous and now my knickers are in a knot (piss off bk)

JA is my all time favorite vacation spot, nothing is better than sitting on the beach with a rum and coke in one hand and a fat blunt in the other (although waikiki beach comes in at a close second)

although you are back to being a dick again you have gained a little more of my respect (not that it worth much)

everyting gonna be allright

peace