Monday, August 18, 2008

A prayer for William Smythe



http://www.mynameiswilliamsmythe.blogspot.com/

Lord, have mercy on this guy. I know the way he feels.

In my previous post, I wrote about how a certain person wounded me so many years ago. We were going to get married, I had a great job, was playing alot, and had a beautiful woman, a nice dog:the works.

It turns out she had designs on my friend, the drummer.

What could I do? How do you 'forgive' such a thing? I tried, though. I told her we could work it out. I was so young and foolish, I should have known that ship had sailed...So, I moved out into a 'rent by the week' flophouse and cried into my beer for what seemed like forever.

The drummer didn't care about her, he fucked her and was done with her in no time.

The next girl that fell for me was a beautiful, wonderful dancer ( no, not THAT kind) named Heather Angel. I shit you not. Yet,I could not allow myself to get close to her due to the pain I was still feeling..I wasted so much of that girls time, and I'll always be sorry for that, even though she's forgiven me and were still friends.

It was during this time I wrote the best, most angriest music I ever penned. But even hearing those old recordings still makes my tummy hurt.

And 16 years later, she's moved into the house behind mine with her new hubby and family. Greeaaaaat.

So, pity my friend who is in pain. It's not the same kind of pain, as there is no 'other guy' involved, but it's pain nonetheless.

1 comment: